Browse Our Blogs
The latest and greatest from your favorite brewery Beer Dinners
Upcoming Flying Dog beer dinners, beer and food pairing tips, recipes, and more Cut The Leash
Musings from our semi-human CEO Jim Caruso
Browse Our Store
Sign Up For Our
Flights and Bites with Cheese from The Common Market Sept. 17
We’re welcoming The Common Market’s resident cheese monger, Tim Lake, for a five course cheese and beer pairing experience at the brewery on Tuesday, September 17.
Tickets are $25 and include 5 beer and cheese pairings, another beer sample of your choice, a Flying Dog goblet, and a Common Market eco can coolie.
The pairings include:
Wallaby from Keswick Creamery, Newbury, PA – paired with In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen
- About the cheese: Pleasant yogurt tartness balanced with mushroom earthiness. Versatile as a snacking cheese or as a melter in recipes.
- About the beer: A traditional German-style hefeweizen with flavors of banana and clove
Grayson from Meadowcreek Creamery, Galax, VA – paired with Dogtoberfest Marzen
- About the cheese: Beefy and slightly funky washed-rind cheese showcasing the remarkable protein-character of Jersey cow milk
- About the beer: A rich and malty fall seasonal with sweet graham cracker notes balanced by a dry finish
Beemster XO gouda, Western Netherlands – paired with Natural Selection Stock Ale
- About the cheese: Butterscotch and caramel coat the palate, rounding out with a nutty saltiness and accentuated by a signature crunchy texture.
- About the beer: A three-part collaboration with Evolution Brewing Co. Brown fruit and caramel dominate Genus One
Druck’s Extra Sharp Cheddar from York Valley Cheese, Hellam, PA – paired with The Truth Imperial IPA
- About the cheese: Bold, sweet, and nutty, this exemplary cheddar pairs well with sweet jams and, of course, citric hops
- About the beer: A brand-new year-round beer that’s a hop bomb of pine, citrus, and stone fruit<br/><br/>
Smokey Blue from Rogue Creamery, Central Point, OR – paired with Gonzo Imperial Porter
- About the cheese: Cold-smoked over Oregon hazelnuts, this classic blue takes on an impressive bacon-like flavor. Great for the grill or winter dessert.
- About the beer: A deep, dark, and mysterious homage to the Good Doctor with rich chocolate and roast followed by a hop kick finish.
This will sell out, so get your tickets now.