The Dead Rise OLD BAY® Cookbook
For 75 years, OLD BAY has been a staple on newspaper-covered tables piled high with steaming shrimp, corn, and Maryland Blue Crabs. To commemorate this milestone anniversary, we released Dead Rise OLD BAY Summer Ale, a beer that has quickly earned its spot right alongside that iconic yellow, blue, and red tin.
Discover the True Flavor of the Chesapeake with The Dead Rise OLD BAY Cookbook.
We asked 17 of the area’s most cutting-edge chefs to develop recipes that showcase the unique aspects of the Chesapeake Bay that continue to inspire them. The only requirement was showcasing the seasoning we all know and love:
- Chesapeake Bloody Mary | Chef Scott Drewno
- OLD BAY Falafel with Crab Yogurt | Chef Mike Isabella
- Beer! Cheese! | Chef Spike Gjerde
- Northern Neck Gumbo with Choptank Oysters | Chef Todd Gray
- Grilled Oysters with Peaches and OLD BAY Butter | Chef Barton Seaver (pictured above)
- Maryland Crab Dip | Chef Rob Klink
- Belgian IPA Bay Mussels | Chef Chris Clime (pictured above)
- Crab Mac and Cheese | Chef Chad Wells
- OLD BAY Mustard BBQ Fish Collars | Chef Kyle Bailey
- OLD BAY Soft Pretzels with Beer Cheese Fondue | Chef Chad Gauss
- Grilled Lamb Merguez Skewers with Harissa Aioli | Chef Zachary Mills
- Chesapoutine | Chef Jeff Eng
- OLD BAY Caesar Salad | Chef Matt Baker
- OLD BAY Fries with Creole Mustard | Chef John Critchley
- Maryland Crab Cake Sandwiches | Chef Bryan Voltaggio
- Maryland Blue Catfish Tacos | Chef Keith Long
- Gertie’s OLD BAY Peanut Brittle Ice Cream | Chef Doug Wetzel
100% of the proceeds from the cookbook will benefit True Blue, a program that advocates on behalf of the Chesapeake Bay’s 5,500 watermen and promotes sustainably harvested Maryland Blue Crab.