Local Beer Debate Dinner
Part of DC Beer Week
As the DMV’s craft brewing scene flourishes, so does the competition. On August 13, Farmers Fishers Bakers will host a five-course tasting dinner that will let the beer speak for itself. Yours truly, Devils Backbone Brewing, and 3 Stars Brewing Company are bringing our A-game as we vie for the title of Local Beer Debate champion.
Each course will be paired with three tastings from each brewery — that’s five farm-inspired dishes from Executive Chef Joe Goetze and fifteen beers from three of the area’s best breweries. Tickets are $74 per person, including tax, gratuity, and gift bag, and can be purchased here.
Here’s a look at the menu:
- Pimento Cheese Puffs
- Choice of Turbo Cougar (Devils Backbone); Pineapple Saison (Flying Dog); Lime Basil Saison (3 Stars)
- Local heirloom tomatoes with whipped ricotta, arugula pesto, and crispy pancetta
- Pairings: Vienna Lager (Devils Backbone); Atlantic Lager (Flying Dog); Peppercorn Saison (3 Stars)
- Hot pastrami and griddled mac & cheese sliders with creole mustard aioli and green tomato chow chow
- Pairings: Eight Point IPA (Devils Backbone); Raging Bitch IPA (Flying Dog); The Movement American Pale Ale (3 Stars)
- Cascabal peach chili BBQ pulled pork and coriander-crusted pork tenderloin with pepper jack cheese corn pudding and grilled jicama tortilla slaw
- Pairings: Wood-aged Dark Abby (Devils Backbone); Horn Dog Barley Wine (Flying Dog); Two to the Dome Double IPA (3 Stars)
- Chocolate raspberry mousse pie bar
- Pairings: Baltic Coffee Porter (Devils Backbone); Gonzo Imperial Porter (Flying Dog); Pandemic Porter (3 Stars)